Frequently Asked Questions

Find answers and general information quickly

When can we meet with you?

We are flexible and can meet with you at a time and place to suit you. We understand that you need to be with your customers from 9 to 5 so we can offer out of hour’s appointments e.g. evening and early morning appointments.

What is your experience?

Marie is a Chartered Accountant and has worked in the finance field for over 14 years. Tricia has worked in HR and payroll for over 12 years and is CIPD qualified. We have over 25 years combined experience so you can rest assured you are in good hands.

Can you liaise with my Accountant?

Yes, we are happy to liaise with your Accountant and to provide them with any information that they require.

Can you liaise with HMRC on my behalf?

Yes, when we first start working with you we apply to act as your agent with HMRC. We can then speak to and correspond with HMRC on your behalf.

When do I need to submit my tax return if I am self-employed?

The tax year begins on the 6th April and ends on the 5th April the following year. You are required to submit your tax return by the 31st January following the end of the tax year. If you are completing a paper return then the deadline is sooner on the 31st October. You must pay any tax due by 31st January. If you submit your tax return late or pay any tax due late you will receive a penalty and interest charges from HMRC.

When do limited companies need to submit their tax return?

This depends on your company year end. You have to submit accounts to Companies house 9 months and 1 day after your year end. You also have to submit a company tax return to HMRC 12 months after your year end. There are penalties and interest charges for late submission and late payment of any tax due.

Do I have to register for VAT?

A business must register to pay VAT when the value of its taxable supplies exceeds the registration threshold (£82,000 per annum in 2015-16) in any rolling 12 month period. You are required to register within 30 days of your business turnover exceeding this threshold. If your turnover is less than this, you don’t have to register for VAT, but you may choose to voluntarily do so if it suits your business.

Call 01939 231150 or Submit Your